Estate Planning Lawyers for Wills in McKinney
In-Depth Knowledge & Experience to Help You: (214) 499-9647
Many people consider creating a will, but fail to do so until it is too late. Having a will in place is often a critical step of the estate planning process and can provide numerous benefits while also helping you and your loved ones avoid numerous negative situations.
Some of the benefits of having a will in place include:
- Being able to transfer your property to whomever you desire upon death
- Being able to set up an independent administration that can save your loved ones thousands of dollars that come from probate expenses
- Being able to set up a trust for your minor children until they turn a certain age
- Being able to set up guardianship designations for your children
- Being able to include or exclude extended family
What is a Will?
A will is a written legal document that designates the beneficiaries of your property at the time of death. In addition to this, a will can also appoint a legal guardian for any minor children that you may have. Our McKinney estate planning attorneys at Willingham & Galvan have an in-depth knowledge and great deal of experience in the drafting process and are well-prepared to help you create a legally sound document that clearly expresses your wishes and gives you and your family the protection and peace of mind you all deserve.
The act of creating a will is a relatively simple process that nonetheless requires a knowledge of the current laws. The document must be signed and witnessed once it has been completed. It is flexible, and can be amended to your changed preferences at any time during your lifetime.
What Happens if I Die Without a Will in Place?
Without a will or some other legal method to transfer your property upon death, the State of Texas will determine the fate of your property according to intestacy laws. This means that assets will generally be transferred to your spouse, children, or closest relatives. In addition to this, a court will also determine legal guardianship for any surviving minor children. Simply put, having a will in place can save your family a great deal of money, time, and emotional frustration.
Protect Your Loved Ones with a Comprehensive Estate Plan
Planning for the future is essential to ensure that your loved ones are taken care of and your assets are distributed according to your wishes. At Willingham & Galvan, our experienced estate planning lawyers in McKinney can help you create a comprehensive estate plan tailored to your unique needs and goals.
Benefits of having a comprehensive estate plan include:
- Peace of mind knowing that your loved ones will be provided for
- Minimization of estate taxes and expenses
- Protection of your assets from potential creditors or legal disputes
- Clear instructions on how your assets should be distributed
- Appointment of a trusted individual to handle your affairs in case of incapacity
Whether you need assistance with drafting a will, establishing a trust, or creating powers of attorney, our knowledgeable attorneys are here to guide you through the estate planning process and ensure that your wishes are carried out.
Learn more about how our estate planning lawyers can help you create a comprehensive estate plan by calling our McKinney office at (214) 499-9647. Schedule your initial consultation today!
“Every experience has been outstanding!”- Sheldon C.
“They were so unbelievably helpful and kind after my father passed.”- Dani P.
“Professional, knowledgeable, and efficient service.”- Tana Gleim