How to By-Pass The Interest List For Texas Medicaid Long-Term Care.
A person can bypass the interest list for Texas Medicaid Long-Term Care if the regional director determines that they meet the following criteria:
First, they must be eligible for the following programs or meet the following criteria:
- A person denied Community Attendant Services because of a denial based upon financial eligibility by Medicaid.
- STAR+PLUS Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
- A person denied STAR+PLUS HCBS
- Family Care.
- Individuals who have been denied Primary Home Care (PHC) due to loss of Medicaid.
The criteria are:
- the applicant has no caregiver; and
- he or she does not have certain personal care needs that they can provide to themselves; and
- the applicant cannot go without personal care services for a full day;
An elderly person who is in a Residential Care facility and is denied STAR+PLUS may transfer to CCAD.
An individual authorized for any Title XX service who is transferring to a new region will be allowed to continue receiving that service.
the applicant requires personal care and the need for services has increased during the five days prior to the service request or will increase during the five days following the service request.