Auto Accident Attorneys in McKinney
Injured in a Car or Trucking Accident? We Can Help.
If you were involved in a recent car or trucking accident, you may be injured and have incurred new debt from medical expenses and other costs associated with your treatment. An attorney can help you recover these and other damages from the parties responsible for the accident, but you must contact one soon.
We at The Willingham Law Firm, PLC can help people like you who were injured in an auto accident. Recovering compensation for medical expenses, damage or replacement of your vehicle, and other costs isn’t easy. In fact, you can expect the parties responsible and their insurance companies to put up a tough fight. That’s why you need experienced personal injury lawyers like our auto accident attorneys in McKinney to help you fight for what you need most right now.
For more information about how The Willingham Law Firm, PC can help, reach out to our offices today to schedule a consultation.
What Can I Recover with Legal Action?
Recovering any compensation in an auto accident lawsuit requires proving that the other party was negligent, and their negligence was more than 50% responsible for the accident. An experienced attorney can help you do this, allowing you to pursue a recovery of important damages.
You may be able to win compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses, whether or immediate or future, that are associated with injuries caused by the accident. These can include a hospital visit, surgery, medications, therapy, and more.
- Lost wages for the time you missed from work because of your recovery.
- Pain and suffering when you are suffering from new emotional trauma and mental conditions such as depression, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as a result of the accident.
- Wrongful death if a family member was killed in the accident and you need compensation to cover funeral costs, loss of income, loss of companionship, and other losses associated with their death.
By discussing your situation with our auto accident attorneys in McKinney, you can learn more about what kinds of compensation you may qualify for and how much in compensation you could pursue. You can get started with this process today by reaching out to our legal team for help.
What Should I Do after an Auto Accident?
Here are a few important things you should do after a car or trucking accident that can save lives and your chance at recovering the compensation you need:
- Call 911 to get first-responders on the scene. It may be difficult, but try to explain the scene so the operator will know who to send out. Depending upon the severity of the accident, emergency medical teams, firefighters, and law enforcement may be dispatched. At the very least, you should request an ambulance and the police.
- Get a police report. Although police reports aren’t always admissible as evidence in personal injury lawsuits, they are contemporaneous records of what happened that you can use for your own reference later on – especially if you are unable to write your own recollection of events at the scene.
- Gather evidence and witnesses. Pull out your cell phone and take as many photos and videos of the accident scene from as many angles as possible. Make a note of the date, time, and location of the accident, the other driver’s license and insurance information, weather conditions, and other facts about the situation you can think of. You’ll also want to identify any witnesses to the accident and collect their contact information.
- Seek medical treatment as soon as you leave the accident scene. Even if you don’t think you’re seriously hurt, your body may be suppressing pain that you’ll feel hours or even days later.
- Contact a personal injury attorney for help as soon as possible. Don’t wait longer than a day or two! Having legal representation and guidance is important when dealing with any insurance company – even your own!
- Contact your insurance company and follow your attorney’s advice on what to say and how to interact with this entity.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit?
Those who wish to pursue compensation for losses caused by an auto accident must file a lawsuit no more than two years after the date of the accident. This statute of limitations means that claims received after the deadline will more than likely be dismissed by the court.
If you wish to learn more about the legal assistance our auto accident attorneys in McKinney can offer, reach out to us today and request an initial consultation.
Get in touch with The Willingham Law Firm, PC by submitting an online contact form.
“Every experience has been outstanding!”- Sheldon C.
“They were so unbelievably helpful and kind after my father passed.”- Dani P.
“Professional, knowledgeable, and efficient service.”- Tana Gleim